The Braves Marching Band Association (BMBA) was formed in 2010 to support the goals and success of the Marching Band and Color Guard of Indian Hills High School, located in Oakland, New Jersey. Indian Hills is a part of the Ramapo-Indian Hills School District, which encompasses the towns of Franklin Lakes, Oakland and Wyckoff.
The Braves Marching Band Association serves by providing support to the band in different areas:
- Road Crew – Our road crew handles the job of packing and moving the equipment used by the Marching Band and Color Guard from the school to each venue where the band performs.
- Art & Costumes – Our artists create the sets and paintings used at each performance. Our costume designers create costumes worn by the Color Guard members as they perform to the music provided by the band.
- Uniforms – Our uniform coordinators organize the distribution, cleaning, and storage of the band uniforms.
- Hospitality – Our hospitality team keeps the band hydrated and provides refreshments after performances and meals during Band Camp.
- Membership – Our membership team works with the students and middle school music programs to promote membership retention and growth.
- Support – Our fund raising efforts allow the band to grow while offsetting the cost of equipment and programs.
- Alumni – Our alumni relations help keep the camaraderie of the band strong. Band alumni continue to support the band and join us at many programs and join the current band playing in the bleachers during homecoming.
The bylaws of the Braves Marching Band Association are located at this link.
Indian Hills Marching Band Leadership
Director – Jason Clark
Staff – Kristin DiNapoli, Will Fisher, Brian Prokop, James Garde, Courtney Haan, David Marks, & Jeff Peters.
Braves Marching Band Association Leadership
President – Seema Bhatia
Vice President – Mary Loprete
Treasurer – Heather Lorenzo
Secretary – VACANT
Hospitality Chair – Mary Ellen Loranger and Dianna Peller
Photography – Julie Good
Road Crew Chair – VACANT
Fundraising Chair – Barbara Murray
Membership Chair – VACANT
Quartermaster – VACANT
Webpage – Gina Mayer-Costa